Re: Problem with PrincipalPermission Attribute (cannot resolve IsInRole)

From: Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\) (joseph.e.kaplan_at_removethis.accenture.com)
Date: 06/08/05

Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 21:59:18 -0400

Just out of curiosity, does it start working if you enable impersonation in
web.config?

Joe K.

"Peter Zuber" <pzuber@maninvestments.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have the following problem...
>
> Pre-requisites:
> Installation of an Asp.net webservice on a IIS5 server (win2k). Anonymous
> access is not allowed, only using windows authentication (intranet app),
> webmethods are using the Principalpermssion attribute
> ([PrincipalPermission(SecurityAction.Demand,
> Role=@"DomainName\WindowsGroup...")]) for identification.
>
> Result --> It works fine on my PC but not on the server
>
> When I change the to [PrincipalPermission(SecurityAction.Demand,
> name=@"DomainName\Windowsuser...")]) -> it runs fine
>
> --> conclusion: IIS cannot determine if a user belongs to an AD group -->
> IPrincipal.IsInRole(@"DomainName\WindowsGroup") is always FALSE!
>
> I already found an article on the web
> (http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_894432.aspx --> web dir is UNC share), but
> didn't solved the problem...
>
> Does anyone know more about this issue?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problem with PrincipalPermission Attribute (cannot resolve IsInRole)
    ... > Just out of curiosity, does it start working if you enable impersonation ... > Joe K. ... >> webmethods are using the Principalpermssion attribute ...
  • Re: ADAM Authentication in ASP.NET
    ... Out of curiosity, what groups is that user a member of? ... > Following is the error message I am getting when trying to authenticate ...
  • Re: Gatso Speed cameras avoiding the fine
    ... In message, joe writes ... Just out of curiosity, what made you think the site DID say 'infra ... internet, it is easy to take as gospel some things you read, here is the link. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: are porn sites a huge security risk?
    ... On 6/20/2010 19:17, Joe wrote: ... so my curiosity got the best of me and I checked it out. ... are these sites really that threatening? ... May the Force and Farce be with you! ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Unix directories as lexical scopes?
    ... >>Just out of curiosity, if this facility existed, what would it be ... Joe ... "Surprise me" ... Yogi Berra when asked where he wanted to be buried. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)