WMI: Access Denied error when connecting remote machine

From: Matti Puroj?rvi via .NET 247 (anonymous_at_dotnet247.com)
Date: 05/15/05

Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 05:06:39 -0700

WMI Problem:
I want to use (ASP.NET C#) and WMI.
While connecting a remote computer (Win 2000) which is joined to AD, the following error will occur.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.

-User as Administrator
-Password as administrator's password of the remote machine
-No firewall.

The main part of a code:
System.Management.ManagementScope oMs = new System.Management.ManagementScope(("\\\\\\root\\cimv2"), oConn);

I can connect to that pc using explorer.
What should i do?

w rgds
From: Matti Puroj?rvi

  • RE: RDC and VPN
    ... > remote computer via Remote Desktop when connecting to VPN. ... Please post the exact error message when connecting with RD via VPN ... The CAB file will contain the reports ...
  • Re: Raptor Firewall VPN connection problem
    ... > We have a Raptor Firewall VPN configuration that suddenly isn't connecting ... > "No more connections can be made to this remote computer at this time...." ... problems with our VPN - not with the same error message though. ...
  • Re: Need possible answer on RD
    ... the error you have posted is a timeout error, no connection to destination, ... Please try connecting to the remote computer again." ...
  • Re: Connecting to SBS Server
    ... work as though still connected to the internal network. ... > When you say "if there is a way of connecting to his server here from over ... > I'm not sure what are you refering to with "Enable files or folders to be ... >> transferred between the remote computer and this computer". ...
  • Remote Desktop
    ... "Connectivity to the remote computer could not be ... conencted to the Windows Small Business Server network" ... workstation to workstation I get the above message. ... any problems at all connecting to anything except the ...