Re: Writing ASP.NET errors to the NT Applicaion Event Log

From: Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor] (dbaier_at_pleasepleasenospamdevelop.com)
Date: 05/14/05

Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 00:58:32 -0700

Hello Brad,

it all depends under which account your app is running - as you can see,
Service Accounts are allowed to write to the Application Log - but not custom
accounts, by default.

But it is true - you cannot create an Event Source as non admin.

Write a little console app the pre-creates it and run it as admin.

Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com