Re: Is it possible to predetermine the order of HttpModule calls or implement filter chaining in ASP.Net

From: Brock Allen (
Date: 05/11/05

Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 07:59:52 -0700

The order tends to go by the order they're configured in the <httpModules>
section. So there are times when you want yours to fire before a built-in
one, so you have to use <remove /> in web.config sometimes then <add /> yours,
then <add /> back in the one that you had previously removed.

> Hi people,
> I am wondering if it is possible to pretermine the order of the
> HttpModules being executed. If not, how can one implement interceptor
> filter chaining with HttpModule in ASP.Net?
> Why do I want to do this?
> It is because I have a HttpModule that will perform some sort of
> authentication, another to perform Url rewriting. I would like the
> authentication filter to execute first before the Url rewriting.
> Thanks in advanced.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: URL Rewriting
    ... Kraus writes ... I have absolutely no idea why people make URL rewriting so complex. ... Almost every article I have seen insists on using HttpModules, ... Note that this is air code, ...
  • Re: URL Rewriting
    ... The main reason for HttpModules is efficiency. ... you don't need to use HttpModules to do this. ... no idea why people make URL rewriting so complex. ... Note that this is air code, ...
  • Re: url rewrite
    ... I wrote a set of articles about .NET applications and one is about Url rewriting. ...