Re: ASP.net control Security

From: Brock Allen (ballen_at_NOSPAMdevelop.com)
Date: 05/03/05

    Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 06:06:38 -0700

    Well, if you're using javascript in the browser then there's little you can
    do to protect it, since the browser needs the source code (the javascript)
    to execute it.

    As for the javascript on the server, many apps request external files to
    support their custom controls. The validation controls are a prime example
    of that. If you're worried about your customers stealing your IP, then that's
    what a lisence agreement is all about. If they misuse or steal your IP you
    need to have a legal avenue. Once you give your code to someone, even if
    you obfuscate and doo all the other tricks, with enough time and effort they'll
    be able to access it.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen