UnauthorizedAccessException by activating integrated authentification

From: Klaus Ballmann via DotNetMonster.com (forum_at_nospam.DotNetMonster.com)
Date: 05/03/05

Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 11:36:41 GMT

Hi,

I develop a webservice, which will be used by a small vba access client.
The webservice reads some files in a network-share-folder. There is no
domain, so I created two users with same name and password.
I enabled only basic authentification in IIS and access the webservice via
MSXML 3.0

Set objSendServerXML = New MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP30
objSendServerXML.Open "POST", "https://bla/blub/" , True, "Username",
"Password"

I use impersonate=true and the webservice can access the network-files, but
I can't debug the webservice with basic-authentification.
If I activate integrated windows authentification, I can debug, but .net
reports UnauthorizedAccessException, when the service tries to read the
network files. I log WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Name and
WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().AuthenticationType...
The vba client still authentificates by basic-authentification and the log
looks similar to me... but where is the difference?!!!!

Relevant Pages

  • UnauthorizedAccessException by activating integrated authentification
    ... I develop a webservice, which will be used by a small vba access client. ... The webservice reads some files in a network-share-folder. ... I enabled only basic authentification in IIS and access the webservice via ...
  • Re: UnauthorizedAccessException by activating integrated authentification
    ... > I develop a webservice, which will be used by a small vba access client. ... > I enabled only basic authentification in IIS and access the webservice via ... > I can't debug the webservice with basic-authentification. ...
  • SMTP Virtual Server
    ... I'm running IIS 5.1 on Xp Pro. ... WebService without any kind of authentification using the virtual SMTP ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: IIS 6 NLB NTLM and webservices anonymous
    ... > My web sites need authentification with NTLM and there is a webservice ... > SOAP toolkit. ... My VB6 application can't send the credential ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)