Re: LDAP

From: vinay (vinay_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/26/05

Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:08:03 -0700

Hi Joe

I want to use the existing classes for LDAP.
I need to access the user info if exists (authenticate).
Also add new user groups.

I am using Win XP Prof.

Thanks

"Joe Kaplan (MVP - ADSI)" wrote:

> Can you explain more what you are trying to do? Do you want to use the LDAP
> classes in .NET to access an LDAP directory or do you want to write your own
> LDAP implementation? It is not clear. Please provide more details and an
> examples.
>
> Joe K.
>
> "vinay" <vinay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am new to implementing LDAP
> >
> > I need directions to implement LDAP.
> > Any detailed articles ??
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > http://pathidotnet.blogspot.com
> > =====
> > vInAypAtHi
> > o__
> > ---_,>/'_------
> > (_) \(_)
> > ---------------

Relevant Pages

  • Re: LDAP
    ... I'd also recommend against using LDAP for authentication unless you have no ... Joe K. ... > I need to access the user info if exists. ...
  • Re: Anonymous LDAP browsing in Outlook 2003
    ... I have set up two LDAP directory entries into my Outlook 2003 SP1. ... the first LDAP, I'll call it LDAP_Auth, entry I have set the domain\userID ... >> can I grant the proper permissions to allow anonymous users to access the ...
  • Re: Anonymous LDAP browsing in Outlook 2003
    ... If you are running WS 2003, then you need to first enable Anonymous ldap ... I have set up two LDAP directory entries into my Outlook 2003 SP1. ... permission is not typically granted on the LDAP server ... >>> can I grant the proper permissions to allow anonymous users to access ...
  • RE: LDAP directory
    ... Subject: LDAP directory ... the problem with LDAP is the fact that no standard is in place for ACL. ... A good example is a LDAP server that is used in a single signon solutions ... ldap security will be secure, if you set proper access permissions. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Anonymous LDAP browsing in Outlook 2003
    ... There are no special permissions to set up for VLV. ... objects using normal LDAP searches, then they will also be visible via VLV. ... I have defined the LDAP directory and I am able to ...