Creating User Accounts with or without Active Directory

From: J'son (sitexcite_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 04/25/05

Date: 25 Apr 2005 10:46:48 -0700

<REPOSTED>

Guys,

I need to build a web intranet application that can automatically
create a user account when a new user registers on the site. The user
account will be on the web server, member of the guests group (or some
other limited group), and get read permissions to a special folder.

I've tried playing with Active Directory on my local box, but I'm
running Win XP Pro, not Win Server 2003 so I don't think its available.
My production server will probably have access to it however.

So my questions are:

Can I use Active Directory for this sort of thing? I'm looking for a
code example for creating a user account, assigning permissions, et.

If I can't, what was the old ASP, VB 6 way of doing this? I'm sure
theres an older interface out there somewhere.

Thanx!

J'son

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Configuring Active Directory to Run as a Domain User Account
    ... I need to do this so that Active Directory can do DNS ... > queries upstream to a DNS server that is on the other side of a proxy ... Proxy Server is configured to only let queries go out of our ...
  • Configuring Active Directory to Run as a Domain User Account
    ... I need to do this so that Active Directory can do DNS ... queries upstream to a DNS server that is on the other side of a proxy ... Proxy Server is configured to only let queries go out of our ...
  • "Could not find a part of the path… " error on IIS 6.0
    ... Server 2003 web farm running IIS 6.0, using Active Directory ... Added this user account to the IIS_WPG group. ...
  • Re: Server 2003 newbie questions
    ... Biggest problem in a workgroup is that you have to configure the same user account and password on all machines, where the user should have access. ... So in your case with at least 12 users, all accounts and passwords have also to be configured on the server to access the share. ... Active directory groups can be used for this. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • Creating User Accounts with or without Active Directory
    ... I need to build a web intranet application that can automatically ... I've tried playing with Active Directory on my local box, ... not Win Server 2003 so I don't think its available. ... code example for creating a user account, assigning permissions, et. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)