Re: Deploying an ASP.NET application

From: Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\) (joseph.e.kaplan_at_removethis.accenture.com)
Date: 04/23/05

Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:05:02 -0500

You don't need the VS.NET files. The files you need to run are all of the
DLLs in the bin directory, all of the aspx and ascx files, the web.config,
all of the static files (graphics, css, etc.) and possibly any other custom
components involved such as COM objects, assemblies in the GAC, custom
config files, etc.

You don't nees the solution files, project files, any of the source code
(.vb or .cs) or the resource files.

Joe K.

"Nicole Temple via DotNetMonster.com" <forum@nospam.DotNetMonster.com> wrote
in message news:421e88d8ca524bfab0585778f230087e@DotNetMonster.com...
>I have just finished an ASP.NET application, but I don't know if I need to
> deploy/release the project in order to use it on the internet. It doesn't
> sound right to just put all of the projects' files onto the web server
> where the site is hosted, because then anyone could access them. I have
> looked in various books and searched online about this. Can anyone help
> me?
> Thanks.
>
> --

  • Re: Custom login w/ Forms Authentication
    ... Remember in ASP.NET 2.0 you can add regular .NET code to the .aspx page in a block. ... The asp:Login server control has logic to inform the servers of general ... > We have Forms Authentication working on our site, ... > using a custom login.aspx page that uses an asp:login control. ...
    (microsoft.public.sharepoint.portalserver.development)
  • Re: some config error happens periodically only
    ... just a web app with a bunch of libraries in bin directory ... Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, ... Attempting download of new URL ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: Replacing Existing Sharepoint .ASPX pages
    ... Then go to that URL by using your custom name in the ... it in the ASPX code. ... Microsoft MVP - SharePoint Portal Server ...
  • Re: Problems with custom Context Menu item
    ... my .aspx page needs to take the document path where the custom context menu item was clicked as an argument. ... This .aspx page will contain code to create a listing in a hard-coded Area that points to that document, and return an informational page that simply indicates that the document was published to an Area. ... > My main hurdles is understanding how to properly use SharePoint references and namespaces, and which of the solution files in the Web project are required, and how and where they should be published to SPS properly. ...
    (microsoft.public.sharepoint.portalserver.development)
  • Re: How to load a web user control into a DataGrid cell ?
    ... You can use the LoadControlmethod inherited from the UserControl type to ... load your custom .ascx files. ... ItemDataBound event exposed by the DataGrid, and load / add the ...