Authentication popup comes up for Anonymous allowed app

From: Hiten (Hiten_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/21/05

    Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:10:08 -0700

    I have a asp.net web application on windows 2000 advanced server having
    latest security updates installed and .net framework 1.1. with latest patch.

    Eventhough application is configured to allow anonymous, when I try to
    access the application using its IP address, it shows a dialog asking login
    and password. If i cancel it, it displays the web page. On each postback, it
    again displays the dialog box. Also, the page having custom control does not
    display the control at all.

    Anybody has any idea what could be wrong?

    Thanks,
    Hiten

    • Re: Authentication popup comes up for Anonymous allowed app
      ... I have a asp.net web application on windows 2000 advanced server having ... latest security updates installed and .net framework 1.1. ... with latest patch. ... the page having custom control does not ...
    • Re: creating HTML in code
      ... > Are there classes built into the .NET framework that will help me ... This is for custom control ...
    • Login popup on anonymous allowed application
      ... Eventhough application is configured to allow anonymous, ... access the application using its IP address, it shows a dialog asking login ... the page having custom control does not ... Prev by Date: ...
    • Creating custom controls in VB.NET for pocket PC
      ... Is there a tutorial on creating a custom control in VB? ... (for compact, not the full .NET framework) ... I'd like to create a custom datagrid that is fully usable from the designer. ...
    • Re: Newbie combo question
      ... If you are using .NET Framework 1.1 then you can use: ... In .NET Framework 1.0 you can use SelectedIndex and then do a search for ... >> Are you using a Custom Control? ...