Re: Main form and login form in different folders using Forms Auth

From: Joseph MCAD (anonymous_at_microsoft.discussions.com)
Date: 04/11/05

Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:17:52 -0700

April 11, 2005

    I understand now. I am not quite sure (as I haven't ever heard of
something like this), but I suppose that you could use Forms Authentication
and create the authentication tickets and cookies yourself. I am not
familiar with creating them yourself, but I do know that you use the
FormAuthentication class for most of it. In both applications you could then
examine the cookie in the same way and if it is not there then redirect to
that application's login page. Having a cookie authenticate to two
applications is as secure as having two seperate ones though. I don't know
whether my above suggestion will work, but you might consider it. Sorry for
misunderstanding and I wish you the best of luck! :-)

                                                        Joseph MCAD