Re: Main form and login form in different folders using Forms Auth

From: Joseph MCAD (anonymous_at_microsoft.discussions.com)
Date: 04/11/05

Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:17:52 -0700

April 11, 2005

    I understand now. I am not quite sure (as I haven't ever heard of
something like this), but I suppose that you could use Forms Authentication
and create the authentication tickets and cookies yourself. I am not
familiar with creating them yourself, but I do know that you use the
FormAuthentication class for most of it. In both applications you could then
examine the cookie in the same way and if it is not there then redirect to
that application's login page. Having a cookie authenticate to two
applications is as secure as having two seperate ones though. I don't know
whether my above suggestion will work, but you might consider it. Sorry for
misunderstanding and I wish you the best of luck! :-)

                                                        Joseph MCAD

"Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Maybe I'm describing this incorrectly. I have two separate applications.
> One
> of the applications has a login form aspx page. I want to use this page
> from
> the other application. How do I do this?
>
> "Joseph MCAD" wrote:
>
>> April 11, 2005
>>
>> Actually the folder does Not have to be a virtual directory to
>> contain
>> ..aspx pages If it is contained within a virtual directory. Such as...
>>
>> Root (VDirectory)
>> -SubFolder (Non VDirectory)
>> -Login.aspx
>>
>> Even though the SubFolder is not a vdirectory, it still can contain
>> .aspx
>> pages, because it is contained within Root which Is a vdirectory. I hope
>> this makes since. :-) Have a great day!
>>
>> Joseph MCAD
>>

>> "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > They really have to be virtual folders/apps if the login form is an
>> > aspx
>> > page
>> > that will be run in another folder. The real question is *how* do I do
>> > this?
>> > How can I have a login form in another app authenticate the first
>> > application?
>> >
>> > Bruce

Relevant Pages

  • RE: FormsAuthentication ReturnUrl - need it to be Absolute
    ... I understand you have multiple ASP.NET applications ... which are using forms authentication to protect the application. ... the forms authentication cookie across multiple applications, ... If the forms authentication cross site support doesn't suit your scenario. ...
  • RE: FormsAuthentication ReturnUrl - need it to be Absolute
    ... which are using forms authentication to protect the application. ... you're trying to make the applications share the same forms authentication ... the forms authentication cookie across multiple applications, ... If the forms authentication cross site support doesn't suit your scenario. ...
  • RE: Authentication Ticket Persistance
    ... applications which both use forms authentication. ... web.config that points the login page to the login page of the second ... The second application has one button which gets the cookie, ... My sample worked fine if both web applications were on the same machine ...
  • RE: Sharing Authentication cookies between 1.0 and 1.1
    ... In order to share the authentication cookie across your applications the ... web.config file pointing to the "/LoginApp" application, ...
  • RE: Forms authentication cookie handling question (C#)
    ... I also replaced all of my ticket authentication code with the ... // Username and or password not found in our database... ... LoginControl's default code logic to generate authentication cookie. ...