Re: client certificates

From: Shaun Wilde (shaun_wilde_at_nospam.nospam)
Date: 04/07/05

Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 20:19:52 +0100

#1) I'll give it a try

#2) I wish to sign a document - to do so I need to send the data to the
users browser - and the client will sign it using their client certificate
(if the client ceetificate is protected by a password then the user should
have to enter the password. Why? It is so if the user leaves their terminal
unattended then a malicious user cannot sign it on their behalf as they
would not know the password. Security!!

I just don't know who to do this.

"[MSFT]" <lukezhan@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> #1) I think IE will display the cached content when you returns and it
> doesn't send request to server side. You may disable client cache with:
>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="CACHE-CONTROL" CONTENT="NO-CACHE">
>
> and
>
> Response.Expire = -1
>
> #2) Can you explain more on this issue? I am not clear that why you need
> user input the password and why this page cannot be authenticated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Luke

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 3+ basic questions for asp:RadioButton, related to ViewState, life cycle, javascript
    ... Also 's Text property is also not post back if I changed it on client side using javascript. ... This leads me think about a more general question, for a user input control, in asp.net life cycle, ... I read MSDN online, it only mention load viewstate and control state, does not mention when to load user input. ...
  • Re: creating a table using variables
    ... To initiallize this database, the user inputs the client name and the number, ... >> I have a form and table for user input to initiallize the database, ...
  • Re: creating a table using variables
    ... table for the variableand it would have two fields: Client number ... You might look at how it handles invoices and invoice detail ... > I have a form and table for user input to initiallize the database, ... >> Rick B ...
  • Re: Human factors in design
    ... build to a spec and deliver on that basis alone. ... ongoing alliance relationship with a client. ... My real concern is for *end* user input. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • multi user question
    ... I have a form that creates a report from user input. ... The client wants multiple users to run from that one database. ... I've thought of creating those temp table with the users ID appended to the name of the table using "currentuser" or creating a db for the temp tables on each user's local drive... ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)