Accessing .csproj file for web project

From: Joel (joelycat_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 04/05/05

Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 10:15:30 -0400

I'm posting in security since I'm not sure where else to look.

I'm writing a command line build tool for csc.exe based on the .sln file.
Everything is hunky-dory for Windows Apps but for Web Apps, the solution
file just lists the URL of the .csproj file. I can't get the .csproj file
with a web call to the URL because .csproj files are handled by
HttpForbiddenHandler. Visual Studio get the .csproj file (obviously). Does
anyone know how VS does this? Or some other way to get it?

TIA
</joel>

Relevant Pages

  • VSS Integration?
    ... I've got a solution that has normal Windows apps and web apps in it. ... If I close the IDE and reopen the ... the web apps individually just fine using the .csproj file. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: vs2008 question
    ... I appreciate the diff between a solution and a project but the docs I'm reading say a top level solution with a csproj file below when a new project is created. ... The solution can be a mixture of various project types to make up the total solution, such as Windows and Web projects using C# or VB.net projects types in the same solution, even adding existing projects too, as an example. ... When I browse the folder there is no sln file. ...
  • How to launch correct VS version when double-clicking csproj file?
    ... We are converting from Visual Studio 2003 to 2008, but for some time we will ... a VS 2003 csproj file is double-clicked it always launches the VS 2008 ... but we'd like it to just launch VS 2003 as it did before ... We get the desired behavior when double-clicking an sln file (it ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.general)
  • Re: How to launch correct VS version when double-clicking csproj file?
    ... a VS 2003 csproj file is double-clicked it always launches the VS 2008 ... but we'd like it to just launch VS 2003 as it did before ... We get the desired behavior when double-clicking an sln file (it ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.general)
  • Express edition creates a "Not a valid solution"
    ... the full edition I get a "not a valid solution" error. ... the csproj file and everything works fine. ... I can even do a "clean ... the .sln file I still get the error. ...