Re: AD Change Password issue

From: Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\) (joseph.e.kaplan_at_removethis.accenture.com)
Date: 02/02/05

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 13:12:32 -0600

You can't do this. If pwdLastSet is set to 1, the user will be in "change
password at next logon" mode, but via LDAP they cannot bind with their
credentials in that state. LDAP bind != Windows Logon. You need to use
Windows APIs to handle this.

If you could go in as a privileged account, you could set pwdLastSet to 0 to
get around that, but you said that wasn't an option.

I'm not exactly sure what APIs you can even use to do this though. One
thing you might want to look at is IIS 6 ships with some web pages for
managing user passwords that DO support this functionality. I haven't used
them, but I've heard such a thing exists.

Best of luck,

Joe K.

"Sathya Gomathi via DotNetMonster.com" <forum@DotNetMonster.com> wrote in
message news:330fe799458147ef8acfb578f5b1cb5a@DotNetMonster.com...