connecting VS.NET to IIS-what do I have to do

From: M D (mardukes_at_aol.com)
Date: 12/09/04

    Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:10:51 -0800

    Using the first version of VisualStudio.NET and, I believe, IIS 5 (the
    one that comes with Server 2000) when I launch the ASP.NET application
    wizard and DON'T want to use localhost, what do I do? The process just
    errors or goes into a process that never completes or times out. I
    don't have a domain just a workgroup with Windows networking. I have a
    drive mapped to the server's wwwroot and can access, read & write there
    so there must be some higher level of security/setup that I need to take
    care of.

    BTW, is there any way to change the project name from "WebApplication1"
    or what ever it's set to?

    thx
    md

    • RE: Cant render ASP pages on IIS5.1
      ... Could be a DCOM permission issue...? ... Right click the IIS modules (like maybe the IIS WAMREG admin service and the ... and try setting Launch and Activation Permissions ... > Server Application Error ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)
    • RE: Cant render ASP pages on IIS5.1
      ... Could be a DCOM permission issue...? ... Right click the IIS modules (like maybe the IIS WAMREG admin service and the ... and try setting Launch and Activation Permissions ... > Server Application Error ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
    • Re: activesync and exchange 2003 problems
      ... and still have same problem connecting to server. ... there was alot about wizard that I didn't know which option to choose. ... permissions changes to make in IIS and just running the internet ... allow mobile access (I forget the exact phrasing, ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
    • Error Id 36
      ... IIS ADMIN ... launch an asp or asp .net page I get teh folowing error ... "Server Application Error" ... I understood I should launch the dtcsetup. ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
    • Send Fax Wizard will not start
      ... - XP Pro SP2 Client able to connect to ServerFax and launch the Send ... Fax Wizard manually or via Word - Print - Select Server Fax.... ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)