connecting VS.NET to IIS-what do I have to do

From: M D (mardukes_at_aol.com)
Date: 12/09/04

    Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:10:51 -0800

    Using the first version of VisualStudio.NET and, I believe, IIS 5 (the
    one that comes with Server 2000) when I launch the ASP.NET application
    wizard and DON'T want to use localhost, what do I do? The process just
    errors or goes into a process that never completes or times out. I
    don't have a domain just a workgroup with Windows networking. I have a
    drive mapped to the server's wwwroot and can access, read & write there
    so there must be some higher level of security/setup that I need to take
    care of.

    BTW, is there any way to change the project name from "WebApplication1"
    or what ever it's set to?

    thx
    md