Re: ASP.Net Forms authentication & Windows Auth combined

From: John M Deal (johndeal_at_necessitysoftware.com)
Date: 12/06/04

Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 11:37:13 -0800

Accidentally posted this to another message. Anyway, I came across an
article a bit back on ASP Alliance that talks about doing something
similar. It may be able to point you in the right direction. Hope it helps.

http://aspalliance.com/553

Have A Better One!

John M Deal, MCP
Necessity Software

Vince wrote:
> I have a situation where I would like to use forms authentication and
> windows authentication combined. Basically, I would like to use a form to
> get the user's ID and password, and then validate those against the domain
> just like IIS does when using Windows authentication. Also at login time I
> would initialize their session variables.
>
> I've seen the FormsAuthentication class, but it says that when you call
> Authenticate it validates the credentials against the configured credential
> store. How do I configure it so that it validates against the Windows
> domain? Or is this the wrong class to use to meet my requirement?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Vince

Relevant Pages

  • ASP.Net Forms authentication & Windows Auth combined
    ... just like IIS does when using Windows authentication. ... would initialize their session variables. ... I've seen the FormsAuthentication class, but it says that when you call ... How do I configure it so that it validates against the Windows ...
  • Re: ASP to Active Directory
    ... >validates against the active directory. ... Use Windows Authentication and this is done automatically. ... >to exchange's OWA and just be logged in, ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)