3DES encrypt in vb.net with decrypt in classic asp

From: David Lund (david_lund_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/03/04

Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 13:32:22 -0800

Hello,

We split a classic asp application into two apps as we start migrating to
.net. Now we have a need to pass encrypted data from the .net app to the
classic asp portion of the app.

I have the code encrypting and decrypting within in the .net app
successfully using the System.Security.Cryptography and TripleDes. However
when passing to the classic asp app, we are unable to get the item decrypted
using CAPICOM.

I have been googling this but have not found any solution yet. Does anyone
know if this can be accomplished and if so how?

Thanks,
David

Relevant Pages

  • RE: More ASP.Net Newbie Questions
    ... a asp.net form cannot post value from asp.net webcontrols to a different ... validation, databinding would be kinda difficult I suppose. ... and then they submit the form and the app searches a database ... In classic ASP, I'd probably set ...
  • Re: Adding users to AD using vb
    ... ASP.NET web app and not a classic ASP app. ... will you use the security context of the browser ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ...
  • Re: Strange Results testing .Net vs. COM vs. Classic ASP ...
    ... Did this happen after you just recompiled the app? ... > 1) A classic ASP page using an include file encapsulating component logic. ... > 2) A ASP.Net page referencing a .NETclass that encapsulates component ... > Call MakeImage Method (This method creates a connection to an access DB ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Best approach for move to ASP.NET from classic ASP
    ... What is the better approach to moving a decent sized web app written in ... Is it worth it to migrate the classic ASP ...
  • Re: Strange Results testing .Net vs. COM vs. Classic ASP ...
    ... I ran each app a number of times after recompiling and the results were the ... same - the native .net app took about twice as long to process. ... >> 1) A classic ASP page using an include file encapsulating component logic. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)