Re: Please help: Forms authentication & new session -> does not return to the specified page after login

From: mortb (_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/03/04

Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 11:47:53 +0100

Sorry my troubles seems to be due to a redirect in OnSessionStart

/mortb

"mortb" <mortb1<noospam<@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> That is the function that I use - but sometimes (perhaps when the login
> starts a new session?) I just get redirected to the default page of my
> application (/appName/default.aspx) and not the page which was requested
> before login.
>

> "Deepak Ramakumar" <dramakumar@strongtie.com> wrote in message
>> You can use FormsAuthentication.GetRedirectUrl(username,
>> persistantcookie) API to get the url of the page to be redirected to
>> after successful logon.
>>

>> "mortb" <mortb1<noospam<@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> If the user is not logged in and no session is present for the user when
>>> requesting a specific page
>>> it seems that the returnurl querystring prarmeter is not set so the page
>>> does not redirect to the right page after login.
>>> I would like to know if there is anything I can do so that the page
>>> redirect correctly -- any help appreciated!
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> mortb

Relevant Pages

  • Help Needed: Cant Successfully Perform Server-side Redirection
    ... The only problem that I really have is session timeouts. ... situations and redirect the user to the Logon page. ... If Not IsLogonPage And Not IsLogOffPage Then ... Dim ExpirationInterval As Integer = Settings.TimeoutMinutes ...
  • Re: session value lost
    ... >into as sessionvariable (username). ... So I redirect to my search.aspx. ... >I save the recordid to the session and redirect to work.aspx. ... >new sqlstring I fetch the data from the sqlserver. ...
  • Re: Losing Session vars on Redirect - HELP
    ... Have you checked the event log to make sure something in the redirect isn't ... causing the site to crash and therefore restart the ASP.NET worker process / ... starts a new session, but about 20% its just fine. ... Overriding the browsers cookie ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Domain Redirect - loses session variables
    ... I purchased this Domain from DirectNic and they have the option to redirect ... with no frame which works like a charm. ... Session variables are saved and it works great! ... >>> from one domain to the other through some shared data storage. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: NoAccessAllowed.aspx
    ... Set a low cache time in your page to ensure it does not cache for long on ... > the user clicks the BACK browser button after the session has expired? ... How do you know to redirect them? ...