Re: Please help: Forms authentication & new session -> does not return to the specified page after login

From: mortb (_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/03/04

Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 09:12:23 +0100

That is the function that I use - but sometimes (perhaps when the login
starts a new session?) I just get redirected to the default page of my
application (/appName/default.aspx) and not the page which was requested
before login.

"Deepak Ramakumar" <dramakumar@strongtie.com> wrote in message
> You can use FormsAuthentication.GetRedirectUrl(username, persistantcookie)
> API to get the url of the page to be redirected to after successful logon.
>

> "mortb" <mortb1<noospam<@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> If the user is not logged in and no session is present for the user when
>> requesting a specific page
>> it seems that the returnurl querystring prarmeter is not set so the page
>> does not redirect to the right page after login.
>> I would like to know if there is anything I can do so that the page
>> redirect correctly -- any help appreciated!
>>
>> cheers,
>> mortb

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Logged in - Session timeout
    ... You have that info in a session, and then simply send them to: ... take any querystring info with it that you may need.... ... Now the users times out and you redirect them to your login page, ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)
  • Re: Need to know when user logs in again.
    ... Why not do it in the Login page before you redirect after a successful ... Neither Session start nor that global.asax event are appropriate for this ... > I have a forms based authentication. ...
  • Re: Page redirect
    ... The solution is simply save requested url in session and after user logged ... In my application, if someone enters url which requires login, am ... logging, i want to take the user to page from where he has been ... after logging, redirect user to questions/new ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Session Management when launching "New" Window
    ... ASP.NET page creates a session object against our application ... session redirect to a different page rather than the login. ... redirect to a page with some javascript that checks if it's a child window ...
  • Re: Session Security
    ... > site within the same browser session, and then attempts to use the ... log them out and redirect to the login page. ... write the current time stamp to the session. ...
    (comp.lang.php)