Re: AppPool running with Domain identity - "service unavailable"

From: Kevin C (kc_at_noneya.com)
Date: 11/19/04

Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:18:15 -0600

Update: If I add that domain account to the "Administrators" group
everything works fine. Obviously I don't intend to run like this but I'm
not sure what elevating the privileges of this account has done to allow it
to start working!

"Kevin C" <kc@noneya.com> wrote in message
> I have been trying to move our web apps into their own AppPool so we can
run
> it under a specific domain account and hit our DB servers. Whenever I
> change the identity of the AppPool to "DOMAIN\MyUserAccount" I get the
> infamous "Service Unavailable" page with the following event log entries:
> (the events occured in this order - from earliest -> most recent)
> Event ID: 1021
> The identity of application pool, 'TestAppPool' is invalid. If it remains
> invalid when the first request for the application pool is processed, the
> application pool will be disabled. The data field contains the error
> number.
>
> Event ID: 1057
> The identity of application pool 'TestAppPool' is invalid, so the World
Wide
> Web Publishing Service can not create a worker process to serve the
> application pool. Therefore, the application pool has been disabled.
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event ID: 1059
> A failure was encountered while launching the process serving application
> pool 'TestAppPool' . The application pool has been disabled.
>
> I have attempted to do everything stated by other sites but still no
> success:
>
> This is what I have configured so far:
> 1. Added the domain user to the IIS_WPG user group.
> 2. Set impersonation to false.
> 3. Set Anonymous to false, enabled WindowsAuth.
>
> The part that bothers me the most is the warning "The identity of
> application pool, 'TestAppPool' is invalid ..." The account is valid, but
> obviously I am missing something here.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: setting incoming email
    ... I found an article that said you should change it through wss central admin ... backend but if I look at the app pool it is changed to the domain account I ...
  • Re: AppPool using domain account for identity - "Service Unavailable"
    ... If I add that domain account to the "Administrators" group ... > The identity of application pool, 'TestAppPool' is invalid. ... Set impersonation to false. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • AppPool using domain account for identity - "Service Unavailable"
    ... it under a specific domain account and hit our DB servers. ... The identity of application pool, 'TestAppPool' is invalid. ... The identity of application pool 'TestAppPool' is invalid, ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • AppPool running with Domain identity - "service unavailable"
    ... it under a specific domain account and hit our DB servers. ... The identity of application pool, 'TestAppPool' is invalid. ... The identity of application pool 'TestAppPool' is invalid, ...
  • RE: users rights, permissions and policies for IIS_WPG
    ... application pool, it will need to be a member of the IIS_WPG group so it ... the IIS_WPG group and trying to manually give it permissions/rights to ... on the metabase keys, then you can use Metabase explorer (part of the IIS6 ... Resource kit) and give this domain account permssions on metabase keys that ...