Problems with IsInRole

From: John Rusk (JohnRusk_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/17/04

    Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:41:01 -0800

    I'm having problems with WindowsPrincipal.IsInRole. It's returning false
    when it should return true.

    I've written some test code that uses reflection to call the private
    _GetRoles method of WindowsIdentity. That gets the same list of roles that
    IsInRole uses. It returns a long list, but most of the strings in the list
    are blank (i.e. zero length or null). That explains why IsInRole fails,
    since it's doing lookups in a list that consists of (mostly) empty strings.

    Does anyone know the cause of this behaviour?

    John