DPAPI User Store Does Not Work as advertised

From: omar (osaleh_at_usapsys.com)
Date: 11/17/04

Date: 16 Nov 2004 17:13:49 -0800

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/SecNetHT09.asp

I am following the above article to implement DPAPI User Store to
store Credit Card Info in my database.

I am doing exactly what the article says. I can encrypt and decrypt
from the same machine but not from different machines…. What I have
read is that if I have a roaming or a domain based user profile, I am
able to do that. I have created a domain account that my win services
on both machines and my COM+ compoenents also on both machines uses.
Still no cigar.

Any ideas?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: DPAPI User Store Does Not Work as advertised
    ... Store this key on a central store ... > I am following the above article to implement DPAPI User Store to ... I have created a domain account that my win services ... > on both machines and my COM+ compoenents also on both machines uses. ...
  • Re: Access denied when trying to specify Receive Location Properties
    ... Be sure you're logged in using a domain account ... Make sure that account is part of the BizTalk Administrators group on the ... machines in question. ... > on my test server, and if so, is it the actual test server or the BTS ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: How to prevent users from logging on the local machine?
    ... > I set up an active directory environment in my network. ... > machines' credentials. ... give them a Domain account only. ... do not make their Domain account an Admin ...
  • Re: Best Way to Share a Secret String Between Member Servers?
    ... when going off-box to other domain machines, ... If we must use a domain account of a user and specify a password, ... is there a way to encrypt a string on a member server such ... am wondering if there is a way to do the DACL permissions to the target ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Local administratotor rights on target machines
    ... I have to provide a domain account with local ... administrator privileges on a subset of machines. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)