Re: Hybrid sql server and asp.net windows authentication

From: Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\) (joseph.e.kaplan_at_removethis.accenture.com)
Date: 11/11/04

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:30:16 -0600

Couldn't you just set up your process model run as the trusted SQL account
and then disable impersonation in ASP.NET? In that case, the SQL calls will
be made with the process account, but users will still log in to the site as
normal. If you needed to impersonate the current user for some reason
(local file security or something), then you could manually impersonate by
casting Content.User.Identity to a WindowsIdentity and then creating the
impersonation context from there.

Another option would be to put the db access code in a COM+ component and
run it under a different identity.

Joe K.