Re: Delayed Signing, the GAC, and Installations

From: Todd Derksen [MSFT] (tderksen_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/11/04

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:22:26 GMT

Todd Derksen
Hopefully I can offer a little help on the delay sign issue mentioned
earlier.
What is happening is that Visual studio detects the file has changed since
it built it (the signing of it)
What you can do to use project output is do the signing in the post build
event of the C# dll, this will cause it to build every time you build teh
setup project however it will be signed before it is included in the setup
project.

--------------------
 Visual Basic Deployment Test Team
--------------------
>From: Bill <nospam@devdex.com>

>Here is the article that got me interested in the smartcard usage:
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/
>dnnetsec/html/strongNames.asp
>
>Basically, it says that using sn.exe to create the keypair on a
>hard-drive could expose you to malicious attempts to find the private
>key, even after you delete the pair. But if you generate the keys on a
>smart-card and safely store it in the company safe, you can ensure that
>nobody will be able to remotely find your private key.
>
>I'll pose my setup question to the setup newsgroup. Thanks for helping
>me out, you've helped a lot.

  • InstallAware Free for Visual Studio 11
    ... InstallAware's new Free Edition runs inside Visual Studio and creates ... and including them in your setup. ... special edition of InstallAware is freeware! ...
    (comp.software.shareware.announce)
  • Re: build curiosities of svn head (on WinXP)
    ... David Murmann wrote: ... setup. ... I don't believe anyone who's doing any serious work on the Windows implementation is using anything other than Visual Studio. ... nant tried to build elementtree before pythoncore. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Convert mde/mdb to exe
    ... Access runtime and install it together with your app. ... For Access 2003 you have to purchase Visual Studio Tools for the Microsoft ... Office System, I think you can find info on it here: ... create application setup with runtime ...
    (microsoft.public.access.developers.toolkitode)
  • This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact your product vendor.
    ... I have a rather bizzare situation. ... When QA ran the setup program the got the error ... So I ran the setup on the machine that generated ... visual studio generates a setup.exe from a SetupProject ...
    (microsoft.public.vstudio.general)
  • Setup from HD
    ... I tried opening the I am getting an error ... *VISUAL STUDIO .NET SETUP* ... All three disks were copied in the file VBdotnet in separate files I called ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.setup)