Re: Connect to MS Access DB on different server

From: Roby2222 (roby2222_at_community.nospam)
Date: 11/02/04

Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 06:50:03 -0800

I don't think you can use UNC with DSNs, but I'll give it a try with OleDB.

Thanks,
Roby2222

"Paul Clement" wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 06:26:01 -0800, "Roby2222" <roby2222@community.nospam> wrote:
>
> ¤ Thanks for the reply. The "IS-Users" account is a domain group, and it has
> ¤ permissions to the folder where the Access database resides. Could it be
> ¤ this user does not have visibility to the mapped drive on the web server?
> ¤
>
> That would be my guess. Can you use an UNC path instead?
>

> Paul ~~~ pclement@ameritech.net
> Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Word mail merge data source
    ... we still did not get it working using UNC. ... Word on it) then there may be a problem if the folder containing the data ... but just because a user has full admin rights does not necessarily ... superset of other users' permissions - for example, ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Re: help please
    ... Everyone full control and then use NTFS to control permissions for users... ... shortcut I'm trying to use via UNC and then me accessing this folder via ... I made up the paths and names in the original post for security issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: help please
    ... shortcut I'm trying to use via UNC and then me accessing this folder via ... I made up the paths and names in the original post for security issues. ... click on the permissions button. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: MkDir problem
    ... Thanks for your input - have got it sorted - nothing to do with permissions ... > Hi Tom, ... > click ok then try to create the folder does it work, ... >> How can a folder be made using a UNC address? ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Virtual Directory - Permission Denied with fso CopyFile
    ... in ADDITION to the NTFS ACLs. ... UNC Share ACLs is "Read"-only by ... This removes the UNC Share permissions from the picture, ... NTFS ACLs -- right click on the folder/file on the remote server and set ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)