Re: Connect to MS Access DB on different server

From: Paul Clement (UseAdddressAtEndofMessage_at_swspectrum.com)
Date: 11/02/04

Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 08:32:48 -0600

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 06:26:01 -0800, "Roby2222" <roby2222@community.nospam> wrote:

Thanks for the reply. The "IS-Users" account is a domain group, and it has
permissions to the folder where the Access database resides. Could it be
this user does not have visibility to the mapped drive on the web server?

That would be my guess. Can you use an UNC path instead?

Paul ~~~ pclement@ameritech.net
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: trouble creating/accessing a share on a server
    ... you have to grant control on two level the folder and NTFS which looks like ... group I am in full control via the share permissions. ... same domain group full control of this folder via NTFS permissions. ...
  • Re: Minimum NTFS Permissions - Theres such a thing???
    ... ?2001 Microsoft Corporation. ... HOW TO: Set Minimum NTFS Permissions Required for IIS 5.0 to Work WGID:198 ... " List Folder Contents" ...
  • Re: Unable to delete orphaned 1.5 GB System Restore folder
    ... The fact that the tech support is based in India has nothing to do with the ... If so you may want to leave this folder alone. ... down to all children folders because i can set those permissions to ... try deleting from the command line using system by using the AT ...
  • Re: Unable to delete orphaned 1.5 GB System Restore folder
    ... The only computers i fix are my own. ... If so you may want to leave this folder alone. ... it includes all subdirectories with inherited permissions. ... try deleting from the command line using system by using the AT ...
  • Re: share folder permissions
    ... B Group -> Read only permissions over ALL the sub-folders and files ... List Folder Contents, Read, and Write. ... Usually we just add Domain Admins FC, and Authenticated Users, Change. ... Then whatever is set in the folder structure using NTFS will dicate their effective permissions. ...