.net Impersonate with integrated authentication client server problem

From: Ajnabi (rtikai_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/28/04

    Date: 28 Oct 2004 08:08:15 -0700

    Hi,
    I build a asp.net web application to update user accounts in Active
    Directory (AD). This application works fine on my test server when I
    acces the web application on the server it self and update an user
    account (using an administrator account).

    My settings:
    -In all cases I tried with the same Administrator account
    -I enabled impersonate in the web.config (<identity impersonate="true"
    />).
    -IIS - Windows Integrated Authentication is Active (all others are
    inactive)

    Here comes the problem I have:
    scenario 1:
    When I try to run the application from a client machine, I can NOT
    update the user account (general access denied error, on the
    CommitChanges() method). I tried using the same administrator account
    as above!

    scenario 2:
    I do NOT want to use Basic Authentication for this application, still I
    tried to run it with Basic Authentication using the same settings as
    above and believe and or not it worked fine.

    My questions:
    1. Why can't I update an user account from a client machine while this
    works fine on the server using the same account?

    2. Why does it work using Basic Authentication, while Windows
    Authentication fails?

    Please help me out with this. I'm really out of clue.
    Thanks in advance,
    Ajnabi.