Re: Access remote folder files in the network

From: Prodip Saha (psaha_at_bear.com)
Date: 10/28/04

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:02:46 -0500

Rajesh,
The easiest way to solve this problem is -Mirrored Account.

If you are using ASPNET (local on web server) account to run the ASP.NET
application, create another ASPNET(local on file server) account on the
file/remote server with strong password. You must change the password to run
the ASP.NET on web server in the machine.config (<ProcessModel> element) to
macth the paswords.

You can get additional details at -
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/SecNetHT01.asp

This was a perfect solution for me since my file server and the web server
are located on two different domains. Hope this helps.

Prodip K. Saha
Programmer Analyst
EMC Mortgage Corporation

"Rajesh" <Rajesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In my ASP.NET application, all the images files are stored on a machine
other
> than my web-server. In a webform i am accessing the image files stored in
> that folder in the remote machine. Folder path is configurable in the
> web.config file. The webserver and the folder machine in the same network.
> I am not able to access that foler. What is the shortest way to do this.
So