Re: Access remote folder files in the network

From: Prodip Saha (psaha_at_bear.com)
Date: 10/28/04

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:02:46 -0500

Rajesh,
The easiest way to solve this problem is -Mirrored Account.

If you are using ASPNET (local on web server) account to run the ASP.NET
application, create another ASPNET(local on file server) account on the
file/remote server with strong password. You must change the password to run
the ASP.NET on web server in the machine.config (<ProcessModel> element) to
macth the paswords.

You can get additional details at -
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/SecNetHT01.asp

This was a perfect solution for me since my file server and the web server
are located on two different domains. Hope this helps.

Prodip K. Saha
Programmer Analyst
EMC Mortgage Corporation

"Rajesh" <Rajesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In my ASP.NET application, all the images files are stored on a machine
other
> than my web-server. In a webform i am accessing the image files stored in
> that folder in the remote machine. Folder path is configurable in the
> web.config file. The webserver and the folder machine in the same network.
> I am not able to access that foler. What is the shortest way to do this.
So
> that i should able to access the images files from the remote machine.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Create RecordSet error "80070005" Access Denied using IXSSO
    ... account which has rights to logon interactively on the remote machine. ... > when i query the other catalog (local on the web server) it works ... >> Hilary Cotter ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.indexserver)
  • RE: How to enable IWA over multiple servers
    ... Boot up computer and logon as ActiveDirectory username (im joe ... a member of 192.168.0.4 (the web server), ... through a local account on the webserver rather than a domain user ... Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ...
  • RE: How to enable IWA over multiple servers
    ... Boot up computer and logon as ActiveDirectory username (im joe ... a member of 192.168.0.4 (the web server), ... client domain identity correctly when the ASP.NET app is hosted on ... through a local account on the webserver rather than a domain user ...
  • RE: How to enable IWA over multiple servers
    ... Developing More Secure Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Applications ... how are you accessing the web server? ... Boot up computer and logon as ActiveDirectory username (im joe ... are you logon through a local account on the webserver rather ...
  • Re: Working on a Web Server 2003
    ... I'm not trying to install the web server on a DC. ... > Are you trying to setup and secure a webserver on a DC? ... > A built in account that has a high level of access rights ... Network Service: ...