Re: Authorization problem

From: Nikolay Petrov (johntup2_nospam__at_mail.bg)
Date: 10/26/04

Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:52:40 +0300

Ok, I'll try it tommorow and let you know.
Thanks for help.

"Joe Kaplan (MVP - ADSI)" <joseph.e.kaplan@removethis.accenture.com> wrote
in message news:%23QLv4r3uEHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> 'imports System.Security.Principal
> 'imports System.Reflection
>
> Function GetRoles(byval identity as WindowsIdentity) as String()
>
> Dim idType As Type
> idType = GetType(WindowsIdentity)
> Dim result As Object =
> idType.InvokeMember("_GetRoles",BindingFlags.Static Or
> BindingFlags.InvokeMethod Or BindingFlags.NonPublic,Nothing, identity, New
> Object() {identity.Token}, Nothing)
> Dim roles() As String = DirectCast(result, String())
> Return roles
>
> End Function
>
> Like I said, this is for troubleshooting only, not for production code.
> This may not work in future versions of the framework, but does on 1.1.
>
> Joe K.
>
> "Nikolay Petrov" <johntup2_nospam_@mail.bg> wrote in message
>> Never heard of reflection ;-)
>> how to do?
>>

>> "Joe Kaplan (MVP - ADSI)" <joseph.e.kaplan@removethis.accenture.com>
>> wrote in message news:emupGP3uEHA.2116@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>> One other thing to check:
>>>
>>> Can you do a programmatic check instead of a declarative one? Try
>>> Context.User.IsInRole("machine\administrators") or
>>> Thread.CurrentPrincipal.IsInRole("machine\administrators")?
>>>
>>> Those should do the same thing as the declarative demand, but it is
>>> worth a shot.
>>>
>>> Another thing to try is to use reflection on _GetRoles private method on
>>> WindowsIdentity to see what the actual values are. This can be helpful
>>> for troubleshooting Windows group resolution. Don't use this in
>>> production though!
>>>
>>> Google will dig up a bunch of code samples showing how to do that if you
>>> need it.
>>>
>>> Joe K.
>>>
>>> "Nikolay Petrov" <johntup2_nospam_@mail.bg> wrote in message

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Authorization problem
    ... I'll try it tommorow and let you know. ... > 'imports System.Reflection ... > Function GetRoles(byval identity as WindowsIdentity) as String() ...
  • Re: Authorization problem
    ... I'll try it tommorow and let you know. ... > 'imports System.Reflection ... > Function GetRoles(byval identity as WindowsIdentity) as String() ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Authorization problem
    ... I'll try it tommorow and let you know. ... > 'imports System.Reflection ... > Function GetRoles(byval identity as WindowsIdentity) as String() ...
  • Re: Authorization problem
    ... I'll try it tommorow and let you know. ... > 'imports System.Reflection ... > Function GetRoles(byval identity as WindowsIdentity) as String() ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Get the Domain-Groups of a User?
    ... WindowsIdentity class does keep an internal list of roles but it does not ... Imports System.Reflection ... Dim id As WindowsIdentity ... Dim rolesAs String ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)