Re: Forms Auth and FormsAuthentication.SignOut()Question

From: WJ (JohnWebbs_at_HotMail.Com)
Date: 10/26/04

Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:17:53 -0400

"Patrick.O.Ige" <PatrickOIge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:26EACC01-B5B6-41D6-BB33-F70A89038ECC@microsoft.com...
> ok then John.
> I would try that out.
> But do you have any idea how to have a role based Forms Authentication
> when
> using Active Directory as a data store.I want to validate my users against
> ROLES in the Active Directory..
> Thanks

We donot allow AD integrated with IIS and Web based applications over
internet. So as a result, I am not very familiar with this type of
implementation. However, Google has a couple of good articles about this
subject that may serve your needs. Here they are:

http://dotnet.org.za/stuartg/articles/1415.aspx

Hope you do well,

John

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Forms Auth and FormsAuthentication.SignOut()Question
    ... Sorry i forgot to mention that its not internet but intranet! ... But what 'm looking for is to actually use Active Directory as a datastore ... So both my authentication and authorisation process would rely solely on ... >> ok then John. ...
  • Re: Forms Auth and FormsAuthentication.SignOut()Question
    ... ok then John. ... But do you have any idea how to have a role based Forms Authentication when ... ROLES in the Active Directory.. ... > will be presented a proper Login page. ...
  • Re: TS User Home Directory
    ... John, ensure you know how it works. ... http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips ... > up the users TS User Home Directory, ... > 2003 Terminal Services and Windows 2000 and XP clients. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Explorer owners column shows SID instead of name
    ... in addition to the good advice in John John's replies ... ... SID's for local accounts and certain "well-known" accounts are created and stored locally. ... If all the DCs are offline, or there is a network problem, you can see raw SIDs instead of friendly names. ... However, once the workstation can access Active Directory on the DC again, the SIDs will go back to appearing as friendly names; ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Disable account but not Mailbox
    ... John posted their thoughts, ... check the box to "Hide From Exchange Address Lists". ... Microsoft Windows MVP - Active Directory ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)