RE: Maintaining the current context .user between sites

From: Jorge Matos (JorgeMatos_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/22/04

    Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 06:55:01 -0700

    HttpContext is specific to an application domain, the "factory" website has
    its own domain and hence its own application domain. I would try to
    configure the "factory" web site to not be its own application but instead to
    be a simple folder in your application.

    "Anthony" wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I am not sure if what i am after can be done but if anyone can shed
    > any light on the topic.. Basically i have a website that logs in the
    > user and puts there details in the context.user.. Then on the same
    > server and domain i have a virtual directory to another application
    > within the same site called 'factory'.. So this is accessed by
    > navigating to
    > www.domain.com/factory
    >
    > however when i navigate here the context.user has been cleared.. Is
    > there any way around this situation.. The 'factory' is being developed
    > by another company in VB so i can integrate it directly into my c#
    > project..
    >
    > Any ideas
    >
    > Thanks
    > Anthony

    • Maintaining the current context .user between sites
      ... Basically i have a website that logs in the ... server and domain i have a virtual directory to another application ... The 'factory' is being developed ...
    • RE: settting up secure page, but get page cannot be displayed
      ... Can you explain a bit more how you have set up this virtual directory? ... David Dietz -- IIS Technical Lead ... |>My company has a public website hosted on a Win2k server ... |>asks for a user id and password, then loads the page. ...
    • Re: new site and virtual directory
      ... A virtual directory is a directory located beneth the home folder of the ... website when seen from IIS, but it can be located anywhere on the file ... A website is a new website, with a completely new home folder than the ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
    • Re: My reason to upgrade 10.0 to 10.1
      ... This kind of system tweaks are not for Joe IMHO. ... your website using rug. ... Just point the URL out in a posting to factory that you ... place things in openSUSE and use my own site for more genric things. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: Trying to create a pass through for SSL
      ... shared on a secure site, and all sub-domains that have secure services are ... You then check "Accept only SSL" on the ... I simply make the client go to the secure website using my vdir name. ... (secure.xyz.com and virtual directory ~mysubdomain) ...