Authentication question

From: Nikolay Petrov (johntup2_at_mail.bg)
Date: 10/22/04

Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:36:26 +0300

Can I authenticate users of my ASP .NET apps, using their windows
credentials, but using a SQL db.
Let me explain a little more.
I have an Windows XP station where i run my ASP .NET apps. I wish users to
authenticate them using their current windows usernames and passwords.
I have stored my users login names and passwords in SQL database, because I
don't wish store an account for every user in my network at my XP machine.
So is it posible to pass windows credential for verification against SQL
database? Or maybe the right question is, can I extract the username and
password as clear text from the passed credentials.
I am not quite shure are there any possibilities.

TIA

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Authentication question
    ... I have an Windows XP station where i run my ASP .NET apps. ... I have stored my users login names and passwords in SQL database, ... password as clear text from the passed credentials. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Authentication question
    ... I have an Windows XP station where i run my ASP .NET apps. ... I have stored my users login names and passwords in SQL database, ... password as clear text from the passed credentials. ...
  • Re: Authentication question
    ... I have an Windows XP station where i run my ASP .NET apps. ... I have stored my users login names and passwords in SQL database, ... password as clear text from the passed credentials. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)