forms authentication signoff

From: Philip (philip_at_softwareforever.com)
Date: 10/15/04

    Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 07:57:04 -0700

    I am using forms authenication with a custom signon page and I execute the
    following statement to force a signoff from a signoff web page...

    FormsAuthentication.SignOut();

    I have noted that if I then redierct to another form that is supposed to be
    protected from entry due to lack of authentication that the form is displayed
    anyway. If I then enter data into the form and post the form, processing is
    only then redirected to my custom sign-on form. My preference and
    understanding is that the form not even be displayed due to lack of
    authentication. Sometimes it works correctly.... and other times it does
    not.

    The same behavior is exhibited if I execute the
    FormsAuthentication.SignOut() and then simply change the Browser URL to
    attempt to navigate back to a restricted web page. The web page is
    displayed.... however once I enter data and post the form, only then is my
    signon web page displayed.

    Help !!!

    --
    Philip

    • Re: Forms Authentication Signoff
      ... > I am using forms authenication with a custom signon page and I execute the ... > following statement to force a signoff from a signoff web page... ... > protected from entry due to lack of authentication that the form is ...
    • Forms Authentication Signoff
      ... I am using forms authenication with a custom signon page and I execute the ... following statement to force a signoff from a signoff web page... ... protected from entry due to lack of authentication that the form is displayed ...
    • Re: Forms Authentication Signoff
      ... > I am using forms authenication with a custom signon page and I execute the ... > following statement to force a signoff from a signoff web page... ... > protected from entry due to lack of authentication that the form is ...
    • Re: Re: How to get a simple CGI app to work in IIS 6.0
      ... but somehow my simple "hello world" cgi app does not execute. ... windows integrated authentication enabled. ...
    • Re: IIS 5.1 execution questions - application failed to initialize
      ... The identity used by IIS to execute ASP page (and hence your WshShell.Run ... negotiated between the client and IIS in accordance to IIS authentication ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)