Re: Important Information on ASP.NET Vulnerability

From: Geeb (Geeb_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/10/04

Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 07:27:03 -0700

I've now installed it on a third platform (Win2k/IIS/.netFWv1.1SP1) and it
did put the module in the GAC, however, it didn't place the dll on the system
and the codebase location is blank on the module. If you do the manual steps,
you will have the dll on the system and the codebase location is set to the
dir of the dll.
So, I'm confused if the dll is actually intended to be on the system or not
to ensure the GAC module is working.

Also, I figured out the Installer issue and I can extract it OK now.

"Scott Allen" wrote:

> I've done a couple machines, and other than causing a conflict with
> CAS in Reporting Services I have not had any problems. The module
> installs and I can see the assembly in the GAC.
>
> --
> Scott
> http://www.OdeToCode.com/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: GAC References Across Solutions
    ... SolutionA contains a project that builds myLib.dll and an MSI installer. ... the destination machine, the installer will load myLib.dll into the GAC. ... However, I do NOT want to distribute the dll with project B. Instead, I ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.general)
  • RE: Deployment problems
    ... Deploy the DLL with the application, whether it's already installed on the ... Tell the installer to put it in the GAC, ... > on the target production server. ...
  • Re: Important Information on ASP.NET Vulnerability
    ... did put the module in the GAC, however, it didn't place the dll on the system ... you will have the dll on the system and the codebase location is set to the ... to ensure the GAC module is working. ... I figured out the Installer issue and I can extract it OK now. ...
  • Re: Important Information on ASP.NET Vulnerability
    ... The GAC isn't really intended to be viewed this way, ... > did put the module in the GAC, however, it didn't place the dll on the ... > and the codebase location is blank on the module. ... I figured out the Installer issue and I can extract it OK now. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols)