Re: redirect not working

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 10/06/04

    Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 08:49:55 -0700

    That line detects whether the user has come to the login
    page from the homepage(index.aspx) and if so re-directs
    (doesn't work) them to the index.aspx (I changed it to a
    http:// address in the hope it would work as originally
    it was /appliedbioscience/... type URL).

    The idea behind this is that the user can login and get
    access to the restricted-access documents by logging in
    from the homepage. Otherwise they are taken to the login
    page when they try to access some restricted content and
    are redirected back to the page where they tried to
    download the content from.

    Hope this makes sense.

    Thanks in advance for any pointers you may be able to
    give.
    Matt

    =="/appliedbioscience/index.aspx")

    >--
    >Daniel Fisher(lennybacon)
    > MCP C# ASP.NET
    >Blog: http://www.lennybacon.com/
    >
    >"Matt Owens" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message
    >>I have a login page which does not redirect the user
    once

    ("http://www.appliedbioscience.co.uk/appliedbioscience/ind
    >> ex.aspx",false); //fails here
    >> }
    >> else if
    >> ((FormsAuthentication.GetRedirectUrl
    >> (txtUserName.Text,false).ToUpper().IndexOf("ADMIN") !
    = -