Active Directory Role-Based Authentication Fails for Users - Local

From: PPL-KMS (PPLKMS_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/04/04

    Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:53:04 -0700

    Developed a web-based application that queries active directory for roles to
    associate the appropriate functionality to the user. After a recent upgrade
    of OS and .NET framework, the ".IsInRole" method returns "false" even though
    AD has the role associated to the user (plus, the user works fine in our
    production environemnt). Also, the user was authenicated to run the page.
    Prior to the upgrade, AD returned "true".

    Note: The application running on the localhost uses our production AD
    domain. The application runs correctly within my development, prodtest, and
    production environments.

    At this point, unable to identify the cause of the issue researching into
    the OS, IE, and .Net framework. Not sure if it is a bug or a new group
    policy implemented by my company.

    Technical Information:
    Framework -> aspnet_isapi.dll Version: 1.0.3705.419 - SP2 (also attempted
    installation of SP3 which did not corret the problem)
    OS Version: 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195 - Windows 2000
    IE Version: 6.0.2800.1106CO
    Authentication method: NTLM
    Impersonate: "true"

    --
    Sr Integrator - Info Solutions
    PPL Corp.

    • Re: Active Directory Role-Based Authentication Fails for Users - Local
      ... production environemnt). ... Prior to the upgrade, AD returned "true". ... Authentication method: NTLM ... configuration issue of some type. ...
    • Re: VB Express
      ... manage without a lot of re-training. ... The "Visual Basic" .Net programming language used is ... Buying an upgrade of VB, even though long discontinued is still a bit ... or the .Net Framework products you should post them to newsgroups ...
    • Corrupted .NET Framework
      ... After installing the IE SP2 upgrade in late August, ... the .NET Framework security patches recommed by the Microsoft Upgrade site. ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
    • Should upgrade to .NET 2.0 or .NET 3.0?
      ... We are thinking about upgrading it to .NET framework 2.0. ... forcibly project ABC also have decided ... But I feel why not directly upgrade to .NET ... Is it error prone if I use an unmanaged code compiled using .NET 2.0 ...
    • Re: Determine Which Button Pressed
      ... so there are no plans to upgrade for at least 2 years. ... You can also download the free .Net Framework 2.0 redistributable at: ... Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP ...