Re: Access is denied. / HTTP 500 - Internal server error

From: Anabela Silva (asilva_at_querie.pt)
Date: 10/01/04

Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 18:41:45 +0100

hi there,

if you want to know specifically wich problem is happening go to
Tools\Internet Options \ Advanced Tab and uncheck "Show friendly HTPP
error messages"

it will help you to know better the problem and maybe to solve it

best regards,

Anabela

"mangia" <mangia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes, I will. I don't think this is an IE or XP SP2 or client problem at
all.
> It would seen to me that if if changed my FTP site back to anonymous
access
> that that would fixed the website issue... but NOT.
>
> The HTTP 500 error happens quickly... the server is not doing much!
>
> Chris
>
> "Jared" wrote:
>
> > 500 is a server error, I would continue to look over my server
settings.

> > "mangia" <mangia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Looking for what I changed and how to correct.
> > >
> > > I have a Windows 2003 Sever that I have had running fine several .NET
> > > websites for over a year now.
> > >
> > > Today I decided to change my anonymous FTP site access from 'granted'
and
> > > denied' IP addresses to 'not anonymous' and require username password
> > > access.
> > > I created an 'FTPGuest' user account and gave it the file permissions
> > > wanted. Tested the FTP site access and it works fine from within the
LAN
> > > and/or from outside the WAN.
> > >
> > > However, now when I attempt to access my website I receive an IE
webpage
> > > that ONLY SAYS "Access is denied.", and nothing else. I see no error
or
> > > information in the Event logs. I spent most of the afternoon playing
with
> > > Permissions, User Accounts and Directory Security settings, but
nothing
> > > has
> > > helped.
> > >
> > > A couple clues maybe:
> > > 1) Windows 2003 server, Windows XP client and Windows 2000 clients,
all
> > > logged into the local domain on different user accounts get the same
error
> > > message "Access is denied." (NOTE: With IE 'Show Friendly HTTP Error'
set
> > > the error is "This page cannot be displayed. HTTP 500 - Internal
server
> > > error")
> > > 2) Windows 2000 client can still run and debug VS.Net web apps and
access
> > > Windows 2003 server and MS SQL Server fine.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?? I'd rather not have to reinstall ?
> > >
> > > Chris

Relevant Pages

  • Re: CONSTANT messages _Delayed write failed
    ... check off Delayed writing are checked, but grayed out and I cannot uncheck ... > activities in Windows XP, ... > Write Failed" error messages. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: CONSTANT messages _Delayed write failed
    ... check off Delayed writing are checked, but grayed out and I cannot uncheck ... > activities in Windows XP, ... > Write Failed" error messages. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: XP Home Reboots, reboot on error unchecked.
    ... Will Denny wrote: ... > If you don't see any error messages, right click on My Computer, ... > select Properties and then the Advanced tab. ... > the Stop Code from the BSOD? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: ASP Form Page Not Displayed With MS Access DB
    ... First we need to see whats really going wrong - in IE go Tools - Internet ... Options - Advanced - Uncheck "Show Friendly Error Messages" then view your ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: Cant forward/send emails and log on keeps popping up
    ... I unchecked that box, stilll can't send emails, and no error messages are ... Uncheck the box for "Log on using Secure Password Authentication." ... signed up for Windows mail...and it hijacked all my messges from Yahoo. ... that it is the same log in...no luck. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)