Re: Further DPAPI (user store) problems

From: Joseph E Shook [MVP - ADSI] (joeshook_at_deploymentCentric.com)
Date: 09/17/04

    Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:30:06 -0700

    If you do not have any roles set up then you will need to leave the
    security disabled at the Application level. By default on XP and
    Win2003 it is turned on. But I think when this document was written
    Windows 2000 was most likely the targeted platform and if I remember
    right the Application access checks was dissabled by default. So maybe
    that explains the lack of mentioning this tidbit in the doc.