Re: DPAPI and config files

From: Dan Amiga (dan.amiga_at_ness.com)
Date: 08/26/04

Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:48:05 +0300

I am talking about Framework config files, not only Web.Config, also
Machine.config, etc.
How does this application block handels options that must exists before the
assembly loads such as processmodel / impersonation ?

"Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET]" <glav@aspalliance.com-NOSPAM> wrote in
message news:eNMsN92iEHA.340@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> The configuration application block offers similar functionality but
> relegates most of the config info to another file (not the web.config) and
> encrypts that.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/
cmab.asp

> --
> - Paul Glavich
> Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET
>

> "Dan Amiga" <dan.amiga@ness.com> wrote in message
> > Hello. This is about DPAPI and configuration files.
> > Basically, what I understand is when loading the exe assembly the
> framework
> > takes parameters from the config file and loads them.
> > I want to store THE ENTIRE web.config ( or any other config file ) using
> > DPAPI.
> >
> > That is - I want to develop a component which intercept the frameworks
> > request to the web.config, decrypt the config file stored in the DPAPI
> > protected storage and give it to the framework for regular execution.
> >
> > The thing is - I want it to be transparent. I don't want other
development
> > teams to be concered and implement this logic in their applications.
> >
> > Any idea's ?
> >
> > Dan Amiga,
> > Israel.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: .net framework version, visual studio 03
    ... You can use a config file to direct the runtime to use a particular version ... framework using an older version of VB.net, ... I think you only have to switch one reference for each project, ... When compiling the release, I did the switch. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: .Net Framework 2.0
    ... standalone application using a Config file works very well and that will ... may be other applications running in the host process so you couldn't just ... override the use of the .NET framework. ... > version of the CLR is loaded to work around the behavioral differences. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.clr)
  • RE: App.Config: using doctype and entity blocks
    ... Block Framework, ... Framework for the manipulation of the App.Config is included as part of the ... fuslogvw reports that the XML config file is not formatted correctly. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Latest patch parses 1.1 pages with 2.0
    ... It reports 1.1. ... The properties for the root site in the MMC plugin show the .Net version as ... Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ... Now I could fix the config file to run happily under 2.0, ...
  • Re: Framework 1.0 application looking for 1.1 dll
    ... Dan ... assume installing v1.1 is not an option or some reason ... > used to build the application, provided that version of the Framework is ... Two create the correct app config file. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)