Re: Design pattern for preventing the assignment of duplicate login id's

From: MattC (m_at_m.com)
Date: 08/17/04

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:18:10 +0100

Then go with your orginal idea of keeping the userID of those in the wizard
in your application object.

Personally I'd leave the userID selection till the end like Hotmail does I
believe, that way you have all your wizard info in the session and you can
keep redirecting them back to the final page if they continually pick used
userid's, until they pick one that is unique and the wizard is then
complete.

But if your requirement is that it has to be at the beginning then you will
have to manage which names are being used.

MattC