Re: Setting up secure custom Web Controls

From: [MSFT] (lukezhan_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/09/04

Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 07:27:28 GMT

>From the description. I think all of the steps listed are necessary for the
issue. By the way, when you put a strong named assembly in GAC, it can be
assecced by all application on the computer. If it was in web-apps \bin,
only the web app can access them directly. Other application need to know
the exact path to access it.

Luke

Relevant Pages

  • GAC Considerations
    ... I'm likely to separate out some classes in my Web app into their own ... script everything required to upgrade assemblies in the GAC, ...
  • Re: Possible to have common assembly dir w/o GAC?
    ... What about creating a junction point for each web app that wants to use a ... web.config to reference a common assembly dir to load from without resorting ... to the complications of strong names and GAC registration? ... >> that web server. ...
  • Sharing assembly with ASP and 2 ASP.NET apps
    ... I have an assembly I have registered in the GAC and successfully call ... from an ASP page. ... look in the /bin directory of the web app and ignore the fact I have ... correct syntax. ...
  • Re: Help needed with strong name web part
    ... > Hi Philip, ... We cannot add an assembly to GAC without a strong ... Success! ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols)