Problems when joining a domain

From: Paul (prothrock_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/21/04

    Date: 21 Jul 2004 14:19:22 -0700

    OK - here's the situation.
    We have a Win 2K Server running IIS and MSSQL with the .NET 1.1
    framework.
    Everything works just fine when the machine is not a member of a
    domain.
    Everything works just fine when we join the server to our test domain.
    However, when we join the machine to our production domain we get the
    following error:

    aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is
    80070545. This error can be caused when the worker process account has
    insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure
    that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on
    the installation directory allow access to the configured account.

    I've been through the solution outlined in KB article 315158
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315158

    While interesting - I don't think this applies because the framework
    is not installed on either or the Active Directory machines.

    Could there be something in a group policy that is causing this
    behavior?

    thanks,
    -paul

    • Re: VS 2005 - Problems deploying C# executable to target
      ... registry from the last version of the OS before adding the framework ... version of .NET compact framework" doesn't seemtohelp. ... deploying the application, but no combination seems to work. ... sysgen the entire system after this installation? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
    • Re: VS 2005 - Problems deploying C# executable to target
      ... The registry is persistent from one ... Framework? ... and tried also with "deploythe latest ... sysgen the entire system after this installation? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
    • RE: unable to install ANY .net frameworks to xp professional sp2
      ... Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. ... MSI ... returned error code 1603 ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
    • Re: .NET Framework auf einem USB-Stick ?
      ... > Anwendung auf einem USB-Stick laufen zu lassen, ohne das eine Installation ... Platform Evangelism Division at Microsoft Corp ... Salamander .NET Linker and mini-deployment tool allows you to link .NET ... without installation of the whole Microsoft .NET Framework. ...
      (microsoft.public.de.german.entwickler.dotnet.framework)
    • =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:_Framework_f=FCr_Setup_notwendig=3F?=
      ... Was in aller Welt kann Microsoft für miserable Virenscanner? ... Framework zu tun, ist aber auch so eine kleine Black-Box der man ... Framework +Installation +Problem ergibt 17.200.000 Treffer ... Framework +Installation +Problem ergibt 24.900 Treffer ...
      (microsoft.public.de.german.entwickler.dotnet.framework)