Re: forms authentication: redirects for *.aspx pages only, not for other extensions, not for static content

From: Hardip Wadhwa (hardip.ssb_at_idsil.com)
Date: 07/20/04

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:55:45 +0530

You can only redirect " .aspx pages" with default IIS Settings. If you want
to redirect for other content i.e. .htm, .gif you have to map those files in
IIS to get it processed by aspnet_isapi.dll.

"www.MSmobiles.com" <nospam@msmobiles.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I am using something like this in web.config :
>
> <authentication mode="Forms">
> <forms name=".MSMOBILES_COM___COOKIE"
> loginUrl="login.aspx"
> protection="All"
> timeout="30"
> path="/">
> <credentials passwordFormat="Clear">
> <user name="user1" password="password1"/>
> </credentials>
> </forms>
> </authentication>
> </authentication>
>
> then, when I try to access some *.aspx page, for example:
>
> myserver.com/kirk.aspx
>
> I get redirection to:
>
> myserver.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fportal%2fdupa.aspx
>
> and then everything is OK, but when try to access some other pages and
> content for example:
>
> myserver.com/test1.html
> or
> myservrc.com/test1.gif
>
> .... then NO REDIRECTION takes place and the server allows access to this
> content!!!!
> How to force IIS to make rediredction also in case of static (i.e. not
> *.aspx) content????

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SSL Redirect
    ... explaining our recommended method of SSL redirection as it pertains to OWA. ... > Microsoft GTSC, IIS ... >> "They" in this case are the four solaris admins who manage our apache web>> servers. ... I will look to figure out how to pull off the ISAPI>> redirect method if it will give me more options and leverege to pull this>> off ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: scripting a periodic iis redirect
    ... Below is the specific "Redirect to" ... I am a relative newbie to scripting but am motivated by the few ... >>> survey for the only site hosted on a particular server running IIS ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: HTTP 404 Redirect does not work
    ... The 404 redirect helped. ... On the ASPX page I get the entire querystring. ... since ASP.NET only processes aspx pages but not .gif files. ... IIS, although this may not give you exactly what you want. ...
  • RE: IIS and redirect
    ... In the IIS MMC right click on the Default Web Site and select Properties. ... Select the 'Home Directory' tab. ... If you want this to also redirect to ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: SSL Redirect
    ... is generally with an ISAPI filter. ... Business Server if I recall correctly. ... think you can also configure this purely with IIS and no add-ons by having ... > they're going to laugh at me and IIS if I tell them I edited the standard> 403.4 error page to pull off the redirect. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)