Re: Forcing Reauthentication for a Webform with NTLM auth..ion

From: Andrew_Revinsky (AndrewRevinsky_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/14/04

Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 00:47:01 -0700

Thanks, Raterus,

so, there is not such solution? Closing a browser means you don't see a web resource, meaning you have to open the browser still. Catch 22. :)

I know, that for some web resources on our intranet, when a virtual directory (which is mapped to a physical location) is missing mapping credentials, the users receive a standard authentication prompt.

May this behavior be emulated - this is the question?

--
Best regards,
Andrew P. Revinsky
"Raterus" wrote:
> There is no way to remove the browser credentials other than actually closing the browser.
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=06ad01c35185%2463788990%24a401280a%40phx.gbl&rnum=2&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dnick%2540hks.ca%2Blogoff%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26selm%3D06ad01c35185%252463788990%2524a401280a%2540phx.gbl%26rnum%3D2
>
> "Andrew_Revinsky" <AndrewRevinsky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:918B102E-25B6-4B7D-8B64-A7F6DF5C538D@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > please suggest if there is a way (and what is it) to force a web application to "forget" a current user (authenticated with NTLM authentication) and make Internet Explorer show a dialog box prompting for authentication (username/password/domain)? (And then, have this session run under a newly entered credentials?)
> >
> > The reason for this question is I am trying to implement a functionality of "Logging Off". This option is rarely needed in our domain, but when it is, it's when the web application is run on a "shared" computer.
> >
> > Thank you for your input on this!
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Andrew P. Revinsky

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Logging off users
    ... log-out and continue browsing the internet without closing browser. ... It's in the subcategory of Desktop Tools. ... >Garrett Murphy ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • problem with Request.ApplicationPath
    ... without closing the browser and then coming back ... the images and css styles are lost. ... Now my css file is in App_Themes/green and i refer to it from ...
  • Re: Friefox frequently crashing
    ... closing the browser and exiting desktop simultaneously. ... Relogin is ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Detect difference between browser close and navigate away?
    ... > Is it possible to somehow detect the difference between a user closing the ... > browser and a user navigating to a different website? ... a URL, using a bookmark, or any other method of navigating away. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.jscript)
  • Re: Session_OnEnd doesnt get called when shutting down a browser
    ... > using JS to disable browser closing, and actually forcing them to Logout ... >> client attemts to login, i write a special cookie to their browser, ... >> server attempts to find the resource the client is after, ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)