RE: Permission check for secured subfolders?

From: David Coe, MCAD (DavidCoeMCAD_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/14/04

Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:00:02 -0700

It seems like there are a couple options to what you are trying to accomplish. You can either set up the relationships on the database side. IE, user A belongs to group A. Group A has links 1,2,3,4 associated with it. Get the group name associated with the user at login, then get the appropriate links. OR, you could hold a Session variable that checks the user group/link association, and only display the links associated with each group by showing and hiding panels.

"TK" wrote:

> I'm building an ASP.NET application works in Forms Authentication mode with
> custom user account database. And it shows clients a list of hyperlinks to
> content pages located in some separated subfolders. This application and
> content pages are entirely secured, so everyone must logon to the
> application. The application pages and most of content pages are accessible
> for every authenticated clients but some of content pages in some specific
> subfolders are served for specific users and groups only. I'm using URL
> authorization to achieve this. Everything works fine now.
>
> Now what I'm attempting to do is, hide/remove hyperlinks to unacceptable
> contents from the contents list page. To do this, I want to test client's
> access right for every subfolders at server side Page_Load() function, so
> that avoid client user's useless operation. I don't want to show clients the
> access forbidden message any more.
>
> How can I do it?
> Help me please.
>
> best regards,
> TK

Relevant Pages

  • Permission check for secured subfolders?
    ... I'm building an ASP.NET application works in Forms Authentication mode with ... custom user account database. ... And it shows clients a list of hyperlinks to ... Now what I'm attempting to do is, hide/remove hyperlinks to unacceptable ...
  • RE: Disappearing Network Share Subfolders
    ... Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ... I understand that some of your Windows XP SP2 clients cannot view the ... subfolders in share folders on SBS 2K Server. ... Does the problematic share folder locate at NTFS or FAT32 disk? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Permission check for secured subfolders?
    ... >I'm building an ASP.NET application works in Forms Authentication mode with ... And it shows clients a list of hyperlinks to ... >content pages located in some separated subfolders. ... >Now what I'm attempting to do is, hide/remove hyperlinks to unacceptable ...
  • Re: Permission check for secured subfolders?
    ... these secured subfolders are not only located at flat ... have to manipulate Web.config files located in folder3, folder2, folder1, ... >>I'm building an ASP.NET application works in Forms Authentication mode ... And it shows clients a list of hyperlinks ...
  • Re: Keeping Replies In Subfolders?
    ... route client emails to their respective subfolders. ... to be able to have all of my replies sent to emails in clients' ... I used a script to insert the address below. ... File Reply in Same Folder X 2.0 ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)