Re: Integrated security in ASP.net

From: Nick (Nick_at_NTWorks.no.spam.fsnet.co.uk)
Date: 07/03/04

    Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 12:28:14 +0100

    I don't get a status code, but at the bottom of the page I get a 'Cannot
    find server or DNS Error'. Turning on anonymous access (or basic
    authenitcation) again removes the error.

    Nick

    "Ken Schaefer" <kenREMOVE@THISadOpenStatic.com> wrote in message
    > Please scroll down a little further on the error page. There should be a
    > HTTP status code, eg 404 Not Found, or 500 Internal Server Error.
    >
    > Please tell us what the HTTP status code is.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Ken
    >
    > "Nick" <Nick@NTWorks.no.spam.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi - I'm developing an Intranet app with ASP.NET/VB.NET and want to use
    > integrated security to access the pages. I don't need the users to log in
    > the pages once they've logged into their PCs, and there is no external
    > public access to the pages.
    >
    > If I turn off anonymous access, and turn on integrated security in IIS for
    > the site, I just get a 'The page cannot be displayed' error in IE. The
    > web.config has '<authentication mode="Windows" />' set in it, and the
    > account I'm using to test the pages is an administrator. The whole
    > VS.NET/IIS is running on my XP development PC.
    >
    > (If I try basic authentication it does work after it pops up the logon
    box.)

    > What else do I have to configure for integrated security? Any suggestions
    > gratefully received.
    >
    > Thanks

    • Re: Integrated security in ASP.net
      ... I've confirmed its a problem with integrated security on this particular PC. ... The same site copied to my laptop works fine without anonymous access. ... Nick ... or the server is sending back no response. ...
    • Re: Integrated security in ASP.net
      ... If you are getting that error, then either IE can not reach the server at ... "Ken Schaefer" wrote in message ... :> If I turn off anonymous access, and turn on integrated security in IIS ...
    • IIS requires credentials all the time....
      ... I have IIS server on Server 2003 and Anonymous Access and Windows ... Integrated Security are checked but whwn some users wants to access site IIS requires credentials ... ...
    • Re: Remote object in IIS security question.
      ... you can use integrated security with IIS and remoting. ... allen@put my website base here.com ... >anonymous access to the virtual directory otherwise I received an ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting)
    • Re: SharePoint Portal Server 2001 - Network Login Box
      ... I tried different IIS setting (including anonymous access and basic authentication) but didn’t seem to work. ... when they are using the dashboard interface also? ...