Re: Integrated security in ASP.net

From: Ken Schaefer (kenREMOVE_at_THISadOpenStatic.com)
Date: 07/03/04

Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 20:31:31 +1000

Please scroll down a little further on the error page. There should be a
HTTP status code, eg 404 Not Found, or 500 Internal Server Error.

Please tell us what the HTTP status code is.

Cheers
Ken

"Nick" <Nick@NTWorks.no.spam.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
Hi - I'm developing an Intranet app with ASP.NET/VB.NET and want to use
integrated security to access the pages. I don't need the users to log in to
the pages once they've logged into their PCs, and there is no external
public access to the pages.

If I turn off anonymous access, and turn on integrated security in IIS for
the site, I just get a 'The page cannot be displayed' error in IE. The
web.config has '<authentication mode="Windows" />' set in it, and the
account I'm using to test the pages is an administrator. The whole
VS.NET/IIS is running on my XP development PC.

(If I try basic authentication it does work after it pops up the logon box.)

What else do I have to configure for integrated security? Any suggestions
gratefully received.

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • HELP! web services deployment question
    ... I this little web application/web service is developed isolated and is to be ... Text input boxes for my paramters and the operation methods (SOAP, HTTP ... the url in the pop up window from clicking on the INVOKE button is this URL: ... 500 internal server error). ...
  • Re: Database add record
    ... "HTTP 500 Internal server error" is still a very generic response. ... Microsoft FrontPage MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error while running ASP page
    ... you need to turn off the "Show friendly HTTP error ... > I made a guest book with ASP page and MS access 2000. ... > can display data from the database via my asp page. ... > HTTP 500 Internal Server Error ...
  • Re: A good IDE??
    ... Well, that URL works with Firefox, to a degree. ... news" is extremely annoying - I will scroll when I am good and ready. ... And there is another scroll area in the left frame that seems broken, ... HTTP Status 500 ...
    (comp.lang.java.databases)
  • Re: A good IDE??
    ... Well, that URL works with Firefox, to a degree. ... news" is extremely annoying - I will scroll when I am good and ready. ... And there is another scroll area in the left frame that seems broken, ... HTTP Status 500 ...
    (comp.lang.java.gui)