Re: Integrated security in ASP.net

From: Ken Schaefer (kenREMOVE_at_THISadOpenStatic.com)
Date: 07/03/04

Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 20:31:31 +1000

Please scroll down a little further on the error page. There should be a
HTTP status code, eg 404 Not Found, or 500 Internal Server Error.

Please tell us what the HTTP status code is.

Cheers
Ken

"Nick" <Nick@NTWorks.no.spam.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
Hi - I'm developing an Intranet app with ASP.NET/VB.NET and want to use
integrated security to access the pages. I don't need the users to log in to
the pages once they've logged into their PCs, and there is no external
public access to the pages.

If I turn off anonymous access, and turn on integrated security in IIS for
the site, I just get a 'The page cannot be displayed' error in IE. The
web.config has '<authentication mode="Windows" />' set in it, and the
account I'm using to test the pages is an administrator. The whole
VS.NET/IIS is running on my XP development PC.

(If I try basic authentication it does work after it pops up the logon box.)

What else do I have to configure for integrated security? Any suggestions
gratefully received.

Thanks