Re: Forms Authentication for particular folder

From: Ken Schaefer (kenREMOVE_at_THISadOpenStatic.com)
Date: 06/28/04

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 18:12:36 +1000

You need to create a new <location> in your web.config and point it to your
folder. Configure forms auth for that location only

Cheers
Ken

"VIC" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message
: Hi,
:
: I'm working on a webapplication, most part is for anonymous access, but
for
: one part login is needed. All the files after login are in one particual
: folder: "/login".
:
: Usernames and passwords are stored in a tabel on SQL Server.
: The loginpage and Web.config are in the root of the web.
:
: I've tried several things but I don't get it work correctly.
: My code of checking against the table works correctly, I'm struggling with
: Web.config.
:
: The authentication section of Web.config is like:
:
: <authentication mode="Forms">
: <forms name="justaname"
: path="/"
: loginUrl="login.aspx"
: protection="All"
: timeout="20">
: </forms>
: </authentication>
:
: All I want to manage is to allow anonymous acces for the whole website,
: except the content of the subfolder "/login".
: Any help is appreciated, thanks!
:
: VicWare
: Email: info@vicREMOVE-MEware (spamblock)
:
:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Forms Authentication Question
    ... I believe the problem is that your login page is in a folder that is not ... folder (that doesn't allow anonymous users. ... > The IIS Security is set to Anonymous Access. ...
  • MOSS B2TR anonymous access Form Auth
    ... I have set up a new site that use Forms Auth and basic Authentication. ... I can login using the forms page but I do not have anonymous access to the site. ...
  • Re: Found it - Lost my quick launch
    ... Since the copied folder structure was incomplete, ... >>> What were the local admin tasks??? ... >>> admin login, just not for mine, it would seem to me that it would be an ... >>>> Quick Launch: Gives error message, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Permission Denied
    ... The web page involved is a login page. ... I do not really need to show the webpage at all come to think of it. ... I have since tried making the folder as a subfolder of 'Calendar'. ... If you want to show the Web site in a separate window you can use automation ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms)
  • Re: Removed IUSR_Computername, but...
    ... Thanks for the reply Jad... ... I have Anonymous access enabled because there are too many ... >Set NTFS permissions to allow access only to local admins ... I've given in that folder Administrator, ...