Access Denied when reading directory information on another server

From: DM (
Date: 06/25/04

    Date: 24 Jun 2004 16:04:19 -0700

    Hi, I am reading directory information (directory name and size) on
    another server. I am impersonating a user account via web.config.
    This account has admin rights but I get this: "Exception Details:
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
    "\\crwfs1\projects13\HR Test" is denied."

    Is there a way to bypass "restricted/protected" directories to
    retrieve just the name and size of it.

    Thanks for your help!

    • Re: Windows 200 server
      ... | I have a network with domain usig Win 2k server. ... | I have anew workstation using XP pro sp2. ... | What would be blocking this user for full admin rights on the machine whn ... If you create a user on the PC it is ONLY a local user account. ...
    • Re: How to grant Access on Files on a share drive?
      ... We have a server and a workstation. ... Let's say we got a user running a client application on his machine. ... Now when the client starts the application, we are starting impersonating ... the impersonated user account. ...
    • User Right
      ... I have a Windows 2000 server that is running in a workgroup, ... Users log on to the server with Local user account. ... without giving them all admin rights. ...
    • Re: Login Failures
      ... What is the user account "msmith"? ... please check the SBS Server and the client computer from ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    • Re: Testing email
      ... Internet Connection wizard -> Connect to the internet) to configure mail ... Click Start, click Server Management. ... pop3 server information, user account, mailbox type and so on. ... the issue and send the log files to me: ...