Verify User Group from ASP.NET

From: ike (M)
Date: 06/24/04

    Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:55:52 +0100

    Hello,

    I'm a little uncertain about what I'm asking so please be gentle.

    I (think) I want to be able to identify and authenticate the currently
    logged on user against the Active Directory. We have a 2000 domain server
    and 2000 clients on our network.

    The idea behind it all is am storing documents in a SQL database and have a
    list of groups who can view them. If the currently logged on user is not in
    one of those groups then they should not be permitted to open the document.

    I'm using VB.NET in ASP.NET to develop with and would appreciate any ideas
    of where to look for examples of what to do.

    Thanks,

    <M>ike